The MS Society of Canada needs volunteers for the Fraser Valley MS Walk at Vedder Park on Sunday, May 26th!
Volunteers are at the heart of our success and crucial to our amazing fundraising events. Join us in our fight to #endMS and make a difference!
Canada has the highest rates of MS in the world; 12,000 British Columbians live with MS and upwards of 100,000 in Canada. Our mission is to be a leader in finding a cure for Multiple Sclerosis and enabling people affected by MS to enhance their quality of life. The funds raised by the Walk change the lives of all people impacted by MS. Sign up to volunteer today and help us to fulfill our mission!
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities to suit everyone, including but not limited to:
- Check-In / Registration Assistant
- Food Tent Host
- Route Marshal
- Cheering Squad
Skills, Attitudes, Knowledge Required:
- Customer service experience and clear communication skills
- Reliable, organized, positive and enjoys working with a team
- Able to stand for long periods of time (depending on role)
- Role specific training/orientation will be provided on the event day
Start & finish times will vary for each position but generally last between 4-6 hours on Sunday (event day).
- Snacks will be provided
- Volunteer t-shirt
- Letter with hours volunteered
- Contribute to a great cause!
To volunteer for the MS Walk, check out the volunteer positions in detail and complete the volunteer registration here.
If you should have any questions or need assistance with registration, please do not hesitate to contact Joel Cheung Joel.Cheung@mssociety.ca 604-689-3144 x.7257.