A Bridge to Better Living is a non-profit society located in the heart of Downtown Chilliwack. We operate two stores, a thrift store and a home decor store, on Wellington Avenue with proceeds going towards juvenile diabetes research. We also provide a safe and healthy environment for at-risk individuals in the community to work and volunteer.
Description of Volunteer Opportunity: We are looking for individuals that are able to help with organizing and sort clothing from donations in addition to general help around the stores.
Qualifications: We are looking for people that are comfortable with working around at-risk individuals in the community, have a sense of situational awareness, and willing to interact with customers and members of the community.
Commitment: Volunteers are wanted that are about to commit at least a couple hours in the morning or afternoon once a week.
Benefits to Volunteering:
- Socialize and meet new people.
- Helps increase self-esteem.
- Actively engaging the community.
- Gain experience in working with at-risk individuals in the community
- Joyce Tetreau and Bryan Crogie
- Phone: 604-795-9100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org