Animal Care Foster
Provide sick, injured, abandoned, and underage animals (cats, dogs, rabbits etc.) with a safe and enriching home environment to stay in temporarily until they find their forever home.
– Provide a suitable environment that meets the animal’s needs
– Ensure the animal’s 5 freedoms are met including providing food (provided) and water
– Spend quality time with foster animals daily by providing enrichment activities, play, grooming/petting, and exercise.
– Transport the animal to/ from the shelter and veterinarian appointments (regular access to a vehicle preferred)
– Submit weekly care reports to the Branch Manager or designate and communicate urgently when an animal requires veterinary attention
– Adhere to BC SPCA policies and participate in training
– Ensure other animals in the home have up-to-date vaccinations, can live comfortably with other animals, and can be isolated from the foster animal if needed
Must be 19+ years old
Equipment, food, and supplies needed are provided by the BC SPCA
Support is provided by shelter staff throughout your placement
This is a needs based “on call” role. You will be contacted when fosters are needed and you can assess whether or not you are able to help at that time.
Work remotely from your own home. Will coordinate with our Abbotsford or Chilliwack community Animal Centres.
- Abbotsford Community Animal Centre https://spca.bc.ca/locations/abbotsford/
- Chilliwack Community Animal Centre https://spca.bc.ca/locations/chilliwack/
– Spend quality time in the company of animals
– Gain skills and experience working with animals
– Learn evidence based knowledge about animal welfare & behaviour
– Make a direct impact on an animal’s life
– Volunteer from the comfort of your own home
Regional Volunteer Engagement Coordinator – Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley