Join our team of like-minded individuals as a Foodbank Driver and Delivery Volunteer with your local BC SPCA shelter! Work in partnership with staff and volunteers to ensure the shelter’s Food Bank operates safely and efficiently and provides support to people in need of assistance in caring for their pets.
You will assist BC SPCA staff with in-person client communications, management and movement of food and supplies in and out of the service area.
- Drop donations off at shelter in designated area
- Drop food and supplies off to people in need
- Provide curb-side delivery
- Communicate with the assigned point of contact
- Adhere to BC SPCA’s policies and procedures
- Valid Class 5 (or higher) Driver’s Licence
- Clean ICBC Driver’s Abstract.
- Good customer service skills
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50lbs
- Familiar with your community and surrounding areas
- Comfortable stopping in different areas of your community
- Experience driving a van
- Donation pickups, 2 hours per week, as needed
- Food delivery, 2 – 3 hours per week, as needed
What we hope you’ll gain from your volunteer experience:
- Engagement in a new community of like-minded individuals
- Experience for future roles in your field of interest
- Satisfaction that you are making a positive impact on vulnerable community members and their pets
Ready to join our team? Fill out an application online at: www.spca.bc.ca/volunteer
Our mission: To protect & enhance the domestic, farm & wild animals