The Cranberry Festival is held each year on the Saturday of the Thanksgiving weekend in the heart of historic Fort Langley. We celebrate the harvest and history of the cranberry in Fort Langley.
Cool, unique vendors, free entertainment, pancake breakfast, and family activities await everyone for what is always a great day in the centre of the village.
We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our team of event-day volunteers! We have a variety of roles available, including: set-up, cranberry sales (both selling and scooping), kids activities and take-down. Shifts range from 2 hours to the entire day, depending on your availability and desired position.
Preferred Area to Volunteer:
- Cranberry Sales, selling 2lb and 5lb bags to customers
- Cranberry Scooping, scooping the berries into the individual bags
- Kids Area Activities, assisting children at the Creative Cube station with crafts
- Parking Attendant, manning the Vendor Only Parking at the National Historic Site for the morning or the Accessibility Parking at the Fort Mall
- Set-up, assist arriving vendors with unloading their vehicles and opening up their tents as well as odd jobs to prepare for the festival
- Take-down, assisting with the collection of signage and other event materials to ensure a timely tidy-up of the area
- 6:00am to 10:00am (set-up)
- 10:00am to 1:00pm
- 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- 10:00am to 4:00pm
- 4:00pm to 6:00pm (take-down)
We’d love to hear from you – please email us your name, and the desired volunteer position and shift to email@example.com, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.