Correctional Services Canada Volunteer Opportunities – Fraser Valley Community Corrections
Join the thousands of volunteers who are making a difference every day and contribute to the safety of your community. CSC is committed to achieving a skilled, diverse volunteer base that reflects the cultural diversity of our offender population. Fraser Valley Community Corrections volunteers help released offenders re-adjust to life in the community.
Benefits of volunteering
- You can share your talents and skills and contribute to the safety of your community.
- You will have an opportunity to grow both professionally and personally.
- You receive the satisfaction of knowing that you make a difference.
- You provide a vital link between the correctional system, the offender and the community.
We are seeking volunteers interested in:
- working with offenders from various cultural and socioeconomic back grounds,
- helping offenders access services to re-direct their lives into our communities,
- life skills,
- volunteer escorts, (driving offenders to various appointments and activities),
- addiction groups,
- arts and crafts, leisure activities, cooking classes, etc.,
- money and debt management.
To find out more please contact,
Qualifying as a volunteer includes:
Being over the age of 19.
Reliability Security Clearance approved
CSC Volunteer Orientation Training completed
All registered volunteer escorts must obtain approval to use CSC fleet vehicles when escorting offenders.