Become a Volunteer Today with Scouts Canada!
Scouts Canada is part of an international organization focused on youth development through outdoor education, leadership opportunities, and team learning.
Scouting gives kids something fun to look forward to. By getting outside, connecting with friends and sharing new experiences, youth build resiliency and are motivated to blaze their own trail. Through outdoor adventures and contributions to their community, Scouts discover what they’re capable of and how it connects with the communities in which they live. Whether in the community, nationally or globally, youth can work towards any goal while building confidence and skills.
Volunteering with Scouts Canada is fun, flexible and fulfilling! There are multiples ways in which you can contribute as a volunteer. Work alongside others to support youth directly and help facilitate adventures, share a specific skill, or take a more administrative role, helping with registration, fundraising, financial management, organizing group events, communication, marketing, etc.
You will be supported by a team of dynamic Scouters who get as much fun out of the Scouting adventures as the youth they support. We provide the training and adventure. You provide the enthusiasm!
The commitment in time varies depending on your schedule and role.
As Canada’s largest youth organization, Scouts Canada places great importance on creating a fun and safe environment for all our members, especially children and youth. We truly believe we have a responsibility to help make Canada safer for our children and youth.
This is why volunteers undergo a vetting process which includes; an application, interviews, police record checks (including vulnerable sector searches), references, and youth protection training with Respect in Sport.
- Flexible scheduling
- Connect with others and be part of a community
- Develop valuable skills that help you achieve personal goals while challenging yourself – master new skills, conquer new challenges, and embark on new adventures
- Complete thorough online and experiential learning in understanding youth, program planning, leadership and safety training
- Develop marketing, communication, financial management and fundraising skills
- Make a difference in the lives of children and youth
- Opportunity to spend more time with your child(ren) learning and building memories together.
For more information or to volunteer, please contact:
Group Commissioner – 1st Abbotsford Scout Group
Council Relationship Manager – Fraser Valley Council
firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.220.8381