Please note the Community Drivers Program is suspended indefinitely, due to COVID 19 outbreak.
Community Drivers provide safe, reliable and sensitive door-to-door transportation to medical and other appointments in the Fraser Valley, from Hope to Vancouver.
ABOUT THE SERVICE:
– Drivers use their own vehicles to transport clients.
– Manual wheelchair transportation is available by request.
– If requested, drivers will stay with and/or accompany the individual to their appointment.
– A km fee is charged.
– Advance notice is required.
ABOUT THE DRIVERS:
– Drivers are men and women who enjoy driving and having contact with people.
– Drivers are willing to share their time and vehicle to help with transportation needs.
– Drivers are kind, caring and dependable.
– All drivers are registered volunteers with Chilliwack Community Services, who have been carefully screened including a criminal record check and driver’s abstract.