Name of organization: Agriculture for Autism raising funds for Pacific Autism Family Network Fraser Valley
- Positions Available: Social Media & Brand Community Managers
- Multiple positions available
Description of volunteer opportunity:
Do you find yourself deep diving into countless hours of TikTok or scrolling through Instagram 5 times a day? Are you interested in making a difference in the community? If you love interacting with people and all things social media, we want to hear from you. We are looking for someone who is a creative self-starter.
Commitment required: flexible hours and commitment. Position available when you are ready to start, preferably before July 15, 2020. Event Date is August 10, 2020. Ongoing opportunities. Recommended commitment: 2-3 hours per week for 10 weeks. Opportunity to continue volunteering on a 3 month to annual program.
Benefits to volunteer: Work from Home, Certificate of Volunteerism, Letter of Reference/testimonial, Mentored Work Experience, T-Shirt on event day (August 10, 2020), Inclusion in Volunteer Photo, your name included in print and digital program, Thank you letter from Founder of Agriculture for Autism, food and beverages event day.
- Good telephone/video etiquette, courteous presentation.
- Professional, cooperative demeanor; flexible and adaptable team player.
- Disciplined, self-motivated work style; able to function competently and productively with limited supervision.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience producing content and engaging on social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram; LinkedIn knowledge a bonus)
- Familiarity with social media management systems
- Photography and graphic design abilities appreciated but not required
- Video broadcasting appreciated but not required
- Good writing skills with knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and general business English skills helpful.
- Computer skills in Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel) and Adobe Suite (graphic design and photo editing).
Education and/or Experience
Applicants should be a 3rd/4th year university or post graduate student with post-secondary institution and experience in the following areas: business, international development, film, media studies, communications.
Must be fluent in English and able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
This is a Work from Home (WFH) volunteer position. Internet required. Hardware should include phone/table, laptop or desktop a bonus.
To review social media for Saccomaniacs Agriculture for Autism
Facebook: saccomaniacsgolf Twitter: @saccomaniacs Instagram: saccomaniacs
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or text to 604-861-0728.
Volunteer Coordinator: Dawn Donahue
Contact information: email@example.com 604-861-0728
Charity: Pacific Autism Family Network https://pacificautismfamily.com/
About Agriculture for Autism:
The 11th annual Saccomaniacs Agriculture for Autism is August 10, 2020. All funds raised support Pacific Autism Fraser Valley, a registered Canadian Charity, that offers support and services to children and families living on the autism spectrum.
The Fraser Valley PAFN office opened in Chilliwack, BC, in January 2020. This is a spoke office of PAFN; The hub or headquarters of PAFN is located in Richmond BC.
Saccomaniacs Agriculture for Autism has raised $403,000.00 in the last five years, all of which supported PAFN. The previous five years raised over $100,000, all of which supported autism programs and research in British Columbia.