MS Bike is the largest fundraising cycling series in North America. Cyclists of all ages and fitness levels across Canada come together each year to end Canada’s disease: multiple sclerosis. The MS Bike Committee is responsible for successfully planning and leading the cycling series in their community. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in your community using your talent and time.
MS Bike Volunteer Coordinator
As part of the MS Bike Committee, you will plan and execute an inclusive, engaging event to connect and empower the MS community in your region. MS impacts all Canadians, which is why we urge people to move forward together at MS Bike and help build awareness for the disease, raising much needed funds to allow us to continue to support people affected by MS. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in your community using your talent and time.
The Volunteer Coordinator will work to fulfill the required volunteer positions for MS Bike weekend. They will investigate and complete local volunteer recruitment activities and assist with the stewardship of volunteers. In addition, they will be a lead point on event day for volunteers.
- Work with the staff to assess volunteer needs for event weekend and other recruitment activities
- Recruit volunteers for the event weekend. This includes contacting previous volunteers to see who will be returning and recruiting new volunteers
- Assign specific positions to the event volunteers and assist in providing volunteers with a position description and details about the event
- Monitoring volunteer activities and positions over the weekend and reposition volunteers as necessary
- Directing volunteers on event weekend
- Working with the committee to promote these exciting events to recruit participants and event day volunteers
- Attend the event which may require travel and overnight stay
Interested? We are looking for the following from our Volunteer Coordinator:
- Energizing and Positive Attitude. A friendly face helps create a fun atmosphere!
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational and customer service skills
- Passion for supporting the MS Community and funding MS research
- Be agile and track volunteer’s activities during the event and reposition volunteers as needed to provide the best coverage
- Volunteer recruitment and coordination experience is an asset (specific to volunteer coordinator)
- Basic computer proficiency
- Self-motivated/directed and able to fulfill duties on time
- Must be comfortable making decisions and problem solving with limited supervision
- Attend 1.5 hour long monthly committee meetings before the event from December through September
- Be onsite for the event weekend providing support and leadership to event day volunteers
- Meetings and work related to your role encompass approximately 5-10 hours/month depending on the role and size of event. Hours will increase as the event approaches
- Gain valuable experience and skills by supporting the organization of a well-recognized signature event while working with experienced organizing team members and comprehensive resources.
- Contribute your time to an important cause and see your impact on the organization
- Obtain a reference letter
- Committee T-Shirt will be provided for event weekend.
- Build a strong network and connect with the MS community
Sign up to volunteer today and help create positive change! If you are interested or looking for more information:
Please contact Emma McGillis, firstname.lastname@example.org