In order to increase Chilliwack’s capacity to administer flu vaccines, the Chilliwack Division of Family Practice and Fraser Health is partnering to provide a mass immunization clinics. We are thankful to the City of Chilliwack and Chilliwack Heritage Park in supporting these clinics. These clinics will be available by pre-booking appointments (link forthcoming) and will be publicized the week of Oct 26.
Description of volunteer opportunity: We and are looking for individuals to support the site including set-up and clean-up, providing and collecting information from patients, and supporting patient navigation through the site. We would provide any PPE, hand sanitizers, etc. that is required and strict physical distancing and enhanced cleaning will be in place.
Qualifications: We are looking for people that are comfortable with working around people with physical distancing in place, have a sense of situational awareness, and willing to interact with members of the community. You will receive an information package prior to starting and training the day of.
Commitment: Volunteers are wanted that are able to commit for 4hrs or 8hrs (exception Nov 2nd is 5hrs). There will be food and hot drinks for volunteers on site, with a small thank you gift as a token of our appreciation for help in making this mass immunization clinic possible.
Location: Chilliwack Heritage Park (44140 Luckakuck Way, Chilliwack, BC V2R 4A7).
- November 2nd 8:30am-1:30pm (municipal staff, first responders, and healthcare providers) ***please note this is a 5hr shift
- November 3rd 8am-4pm – 4 or 8hr shift available
- November 4th 8am-4pm – 4 or 8hr shift available
- November 9th noon -8pm – 4 or 8hr shift available
- November 10th 8am-4pm – 4 or 8hr shift available
Benefits to Volunteering:
- Socialize and meet new people.
- Actively engaging the community.
- Supporting community to increase capacity for flu immunizations
Please response to Tracey Arsenault with the date(s) and time(s) you would be available to volunteer.