Driver for Seniors Programs in Abbotsford
To provide transportation for seniors to and from social activities with the Abbotsford Association for Healthy Aging.
- Arrive at client’s home, in Abbotsford, as scheduled, in agency vehicle.
- Enter clients’ homes, if needed, to give necessary mobility assistance from home to vehicle.
- Engage in conversation with client.
- Drive clients back home, assist with mobility as necessary.
- Driver’s License – a copy is required. Upon renewal, new copy is required.
- A current criminal record review is also mandatory.
- Competent navigator
- Ability to understand and be understood in English
- Good interpersonal skills: friendly, outgoing, courteous, patient
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality
- Able to communicate in a clear and effective manner
- Punctual and reliable
- Be in good physical and mental health and able to physically able to assist clients if required
- Able to consistently drive defensively and obey traffic laws and speed limits.
- Have access to a phone
- Clean driving record and willing to provide reference checks
- Drivers must have a current driver’s license and abstract and a minimum five years of driving experience
- Minimum 6 months commitment
- Activities scheduled Monday – Friday, 9am-4:30pm (occasional evenings).
- Call in if unable to make it for a designated shift and report any issues/concerns to manager.
- Meeting interesting older adults
- Preventing isolation of seniors
- Making a difference for those dependent on these social gatherings for social contact
For more information or to apply, contact Christina at 604-854-1733 or firstname.lastname@example.org