Friendly Visitor (in-person) Abbotsford Association for Healthy Aging
- To provide a listening ear and friendly support to isolated/lonely seniors that are living in Abbotsford.
2. To provide opportunities for senior adults to contribute to the community in a meaningful way.
3. To create connections between individuals, resources, and community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Volunteers will receive client contact information including any background information about their potential client. Confidentiality must always be respected and adhered to.
Volunteers, with the Manager, will make an initial contact with their client and within a week of that contact connect again to set a mutually convenient time for visits and/or calls.
Volunteers will regularly visit their assigned clients, usually at least once per week.
Volunteers will inform the Manager of any unusual occurrences immediately.
Volunteers will inform the Manager if unable to fulfill their connections for any reason, including incompatibility.
Interest in connecting with isolated older adults in the community.
Potential volunteers will be interviewed by the Manager and provide two references.
A current criminal record review is required.
Volunteer will attend any required orientation and training sessions.
- Sharing your time helps isolated older adults
- You create a trusting relationship that allows seniors to feel someone cares
- Meeting interesting older adults and hearing their stories and experiences
For more information or to apply, contact Christina at 604-854-1733 or firstname.lastname@example.org