- Location: Chilliwack Neighbourhood Learning Centre
- Status: Accepting
- Type of Position: Volunteer
- Placement Date: Immediate
At the Y, we think it’s time to get back to the things that matter
The YMCA cares about the same things you care about: raising healthy and resilient kids, ensuring youth feel confident and supported, and helping people feel healthy and connected to others in the community.
As the Lower Mainland’s largest operational charity, the Y provides vital community services that are having a positive impact on some of the community’s most pressing social issues. Central to our success are:
- The people who unite behind our mission to help people reach their potential
- The safe and welcoming places we provide—from health and fitness facilities to child care centres to camps—that foster a sense of community; and
- The comprehensive community programs that provide the skills, opportunities and confidence people need to achieve their potential.
These people, places and programs come together to create a sense of belonging and a supportive network that has proven time and again to help people achieve their personal goals. For some the impact can be truly transformational and can have an enormous ripple effect on those around them.
- Learn and share about services organizations working to support our community
- Connect with children, youth, adults and seniors from all over our community
- Give back to your community by being part of a non-profit, charitable organization
- Have a friendly disposition and an ability to easily connect with people
- Be able to behave in a professional and ethical manner maintaining appropriate confidentiality and a respectful work environment
- Be able to commit for a minimum of 6 months
- Be available for 2-4 hours per week
- Successfully complete an orientation to the site which would include introductions and information from all the partner agencies on programs and services currently being offered.
- Attend the ‘Every Door is the Right Door’ workshop offered through the CYC
Our Commitment to the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
The YMCA is committed to the protection of children in our care and vulnerable adults participating in our programs. To ensure this commitment is upheld, all volunteers will need to provide:
- A current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
- Three references (two of these should be professional references)
Jennifer Love, Branch Manager, Chilliwack Family YMCA