Abbotsford Seniors Social Volunteer
- To help run a weekly seniors social group, held Monday and/or Thursday mornings in Abbotsford
- To provide an opportunity for senior adults to socialize and connect
- To create connections between individuals
Duties and Responsibilities:
Volunteers will help serve coffee and tea and snacks to seniors.
Volunteers will make seniors feel comfortable and help new participants link with others.
Volunteers will inform the Manager of any concerns.
Interest in connecting with older adults in a community setting.
Volunteer will attend any required orientation and training sessions.
A current criminal record review.
- Sharing your time prevent isolation in older adults
- You create a trusting relationship that allows seniors to feel someone cares
- Meeting interesting older adults and hearing their stories and experiences
- Facilitating new friendships among older adults-
For more information or to apply, contact Christina at 604-854-1733 or email@example.com